Not everyone you run across and have to work with will make the interaction easy.
We’ve all had run-ins with those difficult people, the people with a different personality than ours. People who make life difficult every time you have to interact with them.
While we don’t have any direct control over anyone else, we can change how others respond to us by changing how we react to them.
So, don’t contemplate anything drastic because there are some things you can do to make it go as smoothly as possible.
The next time you have to deal with people, try out some of these suggestions:
- Guard your tongue. Say less than you think.
- Pay no attention to ill-natured remarks about you. Live so that nobody will believe them.
- Be careful of others’ feelings.
- Keep an open mind. Discuss but don’t argue. Disagree without being disagreeable.
- Listen actively and don’t overreact.
Put these in your communication toolbox and pull them out whenever you have to deal with people who provide the opportunity.